Macallan Construction is full-service Atlanta based general contractor seeking a Construction Project Manager. Our client portfolio includes higher education, historic restorations, multi-family, senior living, municipal facilities, tenant build outs, community amenities and high-end custom homes.
The Construction Project Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of various projects, starting from assistance with pre-construction and estimating services through closeout documentation. As a member of our management staff, the Project Manager will be responsible for leading and coordinating with all members of our team in delivery of projects you are responsible for. This position is dynamic and would involve managing internal support staff, subcontractor and vendor teams, in addition to leading the day-to-day communication with the Owner and Architect. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages multiple projects from early stages through completion.
- Manage time effectively, multi-task and prioritize in order to meet goals and deadlines.
- Build and manage project schedule to ensure timely completion of projects and setting expectations with subcontractors and field teams.
- Review projects in depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction to monitor compliance with construction documents.
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors.
- Manage tools, materials and equipment and track as needed.
- Meet contractual obligations in terms of performance.
- Review the work progress on a daily basis.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging issues.
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses.
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensures subcontractors follow quality control and safety methods and procedures.
- Resolves problems on projects and with customers.
- Actively participate in Value Engineering as needed to work with Owner’s budget.
- Studies drawings and specifications to identify subs to bid on projects, buyout projects that we are awarded and schedule project.
- Actively participates in project meetings and bid reviews.
- Manage project closeout and ensure client satisfaction with turnover process.
- As with any small business, your day-to-day efforts may expand well beyond your primary responsibilities and we would expect you to assist wherever possible with needs as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent degree (required)
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience working in the construction industry
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Experience with critical path scheduling
- AutoCAD experience highly desirable
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of construction code, laws, regulations and standard
- Knowledge in construction management principles, practices and methods, project management methods, workplace safety and budgeting
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Reading and understanding building plans, contracts, regulations and specs (preferred)
- Must have meticulous attention to detail to ensure data quality standards
- Must be able to maintain calendars and databases
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to work independently
- Must have professional approach and conduct
- An appetite for learning, and the ability to improve existing processes through new ideas and innovations
- Flexibility – you work well under pressure and adapt quickly to different situations and demands
- Perspective and a positive attitude
Macallan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Macallan not to discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, disabled veteran or other protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity and affirmative action in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Similarly, it is our policy and practice to make hiring decisions based solely upon legitimate non-discriminatory reasons.